Curt’s Commentary Newsletter- 01/13/2020
Happy New Year!
Thank you for your support in my first full year on the city council. It was a very busy year as Sioux Falls faced many challenges including major flooding, three EF-2 tornadoes and wind damage, and budget limitations. At the same time, we had a lot of important accomplishments to reflect upon and highlight. Here are just a few:
- The City sold a section of the rail yard property to a local developer.
- We partnered with Denny Sanford to fund the State Theatre.
- The opening of the Levitt at the Falls outdoor music venue marked the beginning of an exciting new attraction for the city and region.
- The $260 Million waste water system was approved.
- Finally, we also saw the dedication of the new State Veterans Cemetery.
My 2020 City Council Objectives
- Invest in our city streets and infrastructure.
- Finalize new fire station and fire/police training center.
- Develop Events Center Campus plan.
- Prioritize rail yard property.